WHAT IS P.A.S.S.?
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (P.A.S.S.) are:
- For everyone in the course
- Collaborative and participatory study sessions
- Hosted in in courses which are known to be historically challenging
- Offered 3 times a week every week during the class period (2 in person & 1 online)
- Facilitated by upper-level academically successful students who have extensive training on how to help students strengthen their study skills and build academic success
WHEN AND WHERE IS P.A.S.S. OFFERED?
- Regular PASS sessions have come to an end for the winter term. Thank you to everyone who joined us!
- Please check the table below for scheduled review sessions.
WHICH COURSES IN THE FACULTY OF HEALTH HAVE P.A.S.S IN WINTER 2018?
|Course Code & Name||Course Sections||Course Director(s)||P.A.S.S. Leader||P.A.S.S. Discussion Board||Online P.A.S.S. Session Link||P.A.S.S. Session Schedule of Topics||Changes to Weekly P.A.S.S. Session Schedule|
|KINE 3012 - Biomechanics of Human Movement||M & N||Dr. Connor & Dr. Haas||Sabrina Nguyen||Visit your course Moodle page||https://yorku.zoom.us/j/2916822308||Sabrina Nguyen KINE 3012 W18 Session Schedule|
|KINE 3030 - Skilled Performance and Motor Learning||M & N||Dr. Moore||Armin Makki||N/A||https://yorku.zoom.us/j/437366840||KINE 3030 W18 Session Schedule|
|PSYC 1010 – Introduction to Psychology||A & D||Dr. Goldberg||Mia Byrdine||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc1010goldberg||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc1010goldberg||Mia Brydrine - PSYC1010A & D W18 Session Schedule||* Please check back for updates regarding PASS sessions for these course sections when the labour disruption ends.|
|PSYC 1010 – Introduction to Psychology||B & G||Dr. Mongrain||Emily Mastragostino||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc1010mongrain||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc1010mongrain||Emily Mastragostino - PSYC 1010 B & G W18 Session Schedule|
|PSYC 1010 – Introduction to Psychology||E, F & H||Dr. Jubis||Waverly Pegelo||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc1010jubis||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc1010jubis||Waverly Pegalo - PSYC 1010 E,F & H W18 Session Schedule|
|PSYC 2021 – Statistical Methods I||M||Dr. Martin||Zoia Iqbal||fb.com/groups/psyc2021martin||fb.com/groups/psyc2021martin||Zoia Iqbal - PSYC 2021M W18 Session Schedule||Review sessions for Final Exam:
April 10: 4:00-7:00 pm (SC 201)
April 11: 5:00-8:00 pm (SC 201)
|PSYC 2020 – Statistical Methods I and II||B||Dr. Herbert||Jehanzeb Al||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc2020herbert||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc2020herbert||Jehanzeb Ali - PSYC 2021B W18 Session Schedule|
|PSYC 2020 – Statistical Methods I and I||C, D & H||Dr. Mapp||Gary Bold||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc2020mapp||fb.com/groups/pass17psyc2020mapp||Gary Bold - PSYC C,D & H W18 Session Schedule|
NOTE: *PSYC 2020, 2021 & 2022
- Students enrolled in PSYC 2022 are invited to join P.A.S.S. sessions for PSYC 2020.
- Students enrolled in sections of PSYC 2020 & 2021 that do not have a P.A.S.S. Leader are welcome to join any P.A.S.S. sessions for these courses.
- Visit the Facebook Page for each P.A.S.S. Leader to see a schedule of topics that will be covered each week to help decide which P.A.S.S. session is best for you.
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT P.A.S.S. - WHO CAN I TALK TO?
- For help accessing ZOOM Instructions for KINE ONLINE PASS SESSIONS - click here
- For questions about the P.A.S.S. program, please contact: Offices of the Masters, Calumet College and Stong College, Tel: 416-736-5132, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org