|Home||The Projects||Events & Media||F. A. Q.||Apply Now|
|Community Consultation 2019||Program Updates||Contact Us|
AGENTS OF CHANGE PROGRAM UPDATE: FEBRUARY 1ST, 2020.
For the past months of December 2020 and January 2021, the projects have been making progress with their initiative. We are incredibly proud of each and every team and would like to share these updates with the CCSC community. Below is a summary of their accomplishments so far:
(1) Empower Women Empower Women, led by Tatiana Espinosa-Merlano, launched their website and hosted their first themed session, this month on brain diseases and how it affects women.
(2) Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Conference, co-led by Gwyneth Campbell and Rupkatha Basu, had their second workshop on Jan 27, which was about self-compassion and resilience.
(3) TorontoTooth, led by Dayana Davoudi, finalized their new team and launched their website and GoFundMe campaign. They are now building rapport with potential partners and looking to gather more donations from the general public.
(4) ZEAL, led by Sarah Labib, hosted two virtual peer support sessions in December, only with their first Instagram Live in January. They are currently restructuring their team.
AGENTS OF CHANGE PROGRAM UPDATE: DECEMBER 1ST, 2020.
For the past month of November 2020, the projects have been making progress with their initiative. We are incredibly proud of each and every team and would like to share these updates with the CCSC community. Below is a summary of their accomplishments so far:
(1) Discover You, led by Concetta Barranca & Mohamed Elsayed Elghobasy, ran the second half of their program for 60 students: Module 3 about leadership and professional development; Module 4 & 5 on online interview skills.
(2) Empower Women Empower Women, led by Tatiana Espinosa-Merlano, began their Instagram social media campaign highlighting women leaders in health and gender disparities affecting women's health.
(3) Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Conference, co-led by Gwyneth Campbell and Rupkatha Basu, ran their first workshop on Nov 25, which was about navigating stress and burnout in university.
(4) TorontoTooth, led by Dayana Davoudi, is currently building their donation website and GoFundMe campaigns; established a partnership with a beauty salon organization.
AGENTS OF CHANGE PROGRAM UPDATE: OCTOBER 1ST, 2020.
This October, the Agents of Change Program is excited to announce our Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Agents of Change Cycle. From a pool of many incredibly impressive, thoughtful, and competitive applicants, the Adjudication Committee has selected four projects to be the recipient of the program’s funding. They are, in alphabetical order:
(1) Empower Women Empower Women, led by Tatiana Espinosa-Merlano, aims to celebrate the achievements of female leaders in the field of Health, for International Women’s Day.
(2) Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Conference, co-led by Gwyneth Campbell and Rupkatha Basu, aims to connect York students with research related to mental health and wellness.
(3) TorontoTooth, led by Dayana Davoudi, aims to provide homeless youth at the Kennedy House with oral hygiene products.
(4) ZEAL, led by Sarah Labib, aims to bridge the gap between first-generation students with resources such as peer support groups, and provide a safe space for them to express their academic and mental health challenges.
The project teams have undergone training on September 26th and are now progressing into their first step of launching their initiatives. Congratulations to all project members and we wish you the best of luck!
AGENTS OF CHANGE PROGRAM UPDATE: JULY 1ST, 2020.
AGENTS OF CHANGE – GET YOUR IDEA FUNDED
Agents of Change - Have an Idea for a Healthy Initiative? Get your Idea Funded!
Do you have a project idea for your community? Agents of Change offers the mentorship, connections, and funding you need just to turn your idea into reality!
Agents of Change is a program affiliated with Calumet and Stong Colleges aimed to assist and encourage students to create their own personal, community-oriented, and health-related initiative – their very own “Agents of Change Project.”
These initiatives can cover a broad range of categories, including physical, mental, and sexual health, or any of the social determinants of health. Selected projects will receive funding from the Faculty of Health to help with start-up costs (up to $500).
Students can seek additional funding by crowdsourcing or fundraising. Selected candidates will receive training on how to start-up and finance their projects.
To learn more, attend any of our July Information Sessions (RSVP HERE: https://tinyurl.com/AgentsINFO20):
July 3rd from 2:30-3:30 PM July 7th from 11-12 PM
July 10th from 3-4 PM July 14th from 10:30-11:30 AM
July 16th from 2:30-3:30 PM July 20th from 12-1 PM
July 24th from 10-11 AM
NOTE: All sessions will be held through ZOOM. Zoom link will be sent upon RSVP.
Having questions about the application? Worried about writing your proposal? Unsure about where or how to start?
Attend the Proposal Bootcamp, where you and your team will get the opportunity to develop your idea into a proposal with the support of a Facilitator. The Bootcamp will take place on July 20th from 2-7PM.
RSVP HERE: https://tinyurl.com/AgentsCAMP20
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, July 26th, 2020 by 11:59PM.
Please visit https://stong.yorku.ca/apply-now/ for APPLICATION FORM and program details.
If you have any questions regarding the Agents of Change Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGENTS OF CHANGE PROGRAM UPDATE: OCTOBER 23rd, 2019.
Agents of Change Consultation Event:
We would like to invite you to attend Calumet and Stong College’s Agents of Change Consultation.
Agents of Change – provides up to $500 in start-up funds to help students launch their own healthy initiative in the community.
The purpose of this event is to bring together alumni, students, Peer Leaders, administration/staff, and other active community members together to network and discuss some of the strengths, challenges and opportunities of the Agents of Change program offered by Calumet & Stong Colleges.
Please find below the details of the Agents of Change Consultation Event:
Date: October 23rd , 2019
Location: Stong College Room 101
Please RSVP by Link: https://tinyurl.com/AgentsofChange19
For more information on the Agents of Change program, feel free to email email@example.com.